Chocolate Toffee Cookies
Chewy chocolate cookies loaded with chopped pecans and crumbled bits of crushed chocolate-covered toffee.
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, room temperature
2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon water
2 teaspoons rum extract
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups crushed chocolate-covered English toffee bars
3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Sift flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt into medium bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar in large bowl until fluffy. Add eggs, water, rum and vanilla; beat until well blended. Stir flour mixture into butter mixture. Add crushed toffee and chopped pecans, combining until just mixed.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet, spacing 2-inches apart.
- Bake until cookies puff slightly and crack on top but are still soft to touch, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on sheet 1 minute. Transfer cookies to rack and cool completely. Store in airtight container.
Makes 6 dozen cookies.