Chocolate Chip Apricot Cookies
A more wholesome chocolate chip cookie enriched with whole wheat, oats and chopped dried apricots.
3/4 cup vegetable shortening
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups quick cooking oats
1 cup dried apricots, chopped
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, water, and vanilla; beat well.
- In another bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt; stir into creamed mixture. Stir in oats, apricots and chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheet; flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.