Chocolate Chip Mexican Wedding Cakes
These mini 'cakes' are actually cookies, much loved for their delicate texture and flavor. Here, they're drizzled with chocolate for extra pizzazz.
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup finely chopped nuts
2 teaspoons to 2 1/2 ground cinnamon
1 (12-ounce) package NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels - divided use
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC).
- Beat butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Beat in vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour, nuts and cinnamon. Stir in 1½ cups of the morsels. Roll dough into 1-inch balls; place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until set and light golden brown on bottom. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Microwave remaining morsels in a heavy-duty plastic bag on HIGH (100%) power for 30 seconds; knead. Microwave at 10 to 20-second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut a tiny corner from bag; squeeze to drizzle over cookies.
- Chill cookies for about 5 minutes or until chocolate is set. Store at room temperature in airtight containers.
Makes 4 1/2 dozen cookies.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.