Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Try these moist and chewy classics loaded with peanuts and chocolate chips. Your cookie jar will empty in a flash!
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 cups quick-cooking oats
1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
12 ounces dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Cream sugar, brown sugar and butter in a mixing bowl; stir in eggs and vanilla, blending well.
- Sir in flour. Add oatmeal, chocolate chips and peanuts; mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool on sheet for 1 minute; remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.