Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
These watermelon cookies are a perfect
addition to your summertime picnic! Using our refrigerated chocolate
chip cookie dough, cookies are sliced into watermelon shapes
and decorated with icing and semi-sweet mini morsel toppers.
Chocolate Chip Watermelon
- 1 (16-ounce) package NESTLÉ®
TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 1 (16-ounce) container ready-to-use vanilla
frosting - divided use
- Red and green food coloring
- NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet
Mini Morsel Toppers
- Freeze cookie dough roll for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Slice cookie dough roll into 12 even slices.
Cut each slice in half to form a wedge. Place wedges 2 to 3-inches
apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 13 to 14 minutes or until golden
brown. Upon removal from oven, with edge of knife, immediately
reshape each cookie to be a half circle. Cool on baking sheets
for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Place 1 1/4 cups frosting into small bowl.
Stir a few drops of red food coloring into icing, adding additional
drops, to reach desired shade of pink. To remaining frosting
in container, stir in drops of green food coloring to shade of
- To Decorate: Spread pink frosting over
each cookie in a half circle, leaving a border on curved side
for green frosting. While frosting is wet, sprinkle with Toppers
to make seeds, pressing Toppers slightly to adhere. Pipe green
icing on rounded edge of pink icing. Allow cookies to set. Store
cookies in tightly covered container.
Tip: To pipe green frosting, place frosting
in pastry bag or small, plastic food storage bag. Cut a small
corner from bag.
Recipe and photograph are the property
of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.