Chocolate Dipped Brandy Snaps
This festive cookie combines the flavors of chocolate, spiced with cinnamon and ginger, and splash of brandy.
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup dark corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons brandy
1 cup NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
1/3 cup finely chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Combine butter, sugar, corn syrup, cinnamon and ginger in medium, heavy-duty saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat; stir in flour and brandy. Drop by rounded teaspoon onto ungreased baking sheets about 3 inches apart, baking no more than six at a time.
- Bake for 10 to 14 minutes or until deep caramel color. Cool on baking sheets for 10 seconds. Remove from baking sheets and immediately roll around wooden spoon handle; cool completely on wire racks.
- Line baking sheets with waxed paper.
- Microwave morsels and vegetable shortening in medium, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Dip cookies halfway in melted chocolate; shake off excess. Sprinkle with nuts; set on prepared baking sheets. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until chocolate is set. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.