Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Count on these delicious, chewy chocolate oatmeal cookies becoming a family favorite.
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
1 (12-ounce) package or 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a bowl cream butter; add sugars and beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs, milk and vanilla extract, mixing well.
- Mix together flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl; add to creamed mixture, mixing well. Stir in oats, chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop batter by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 9 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly on cookie sheets; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.