Chocolate Popcorn Cookie Sticks (Biscotti)
Recipe courtesy of The Popcorn Board.
1 cup egg substitute
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup plus 3 tablespoons granulated sugar - divided use
3 cups air-popped popcorn, ground in food processor or blender
2 1/4 to 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
4 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Line baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Combine egg substitute, vanilla extract, and 1 cup granulated sugar in large bowl; mix well. Add popcorn, flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder and mix well. (Dough will be stiff but continue mixing until all ingredients are well combined.)
- Sprinkle remaining sugar on work surface; divide dough into 3 equal pieces. Roll dough into 8x4x1/2-inch logs and roll in sugar lightly on all sides. Transfer logs to baking sheet, leaving a space between them.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow "logs" to cool for 5 minutes.
- Cut logs diagonally into 1/2-inch slices. Arrange in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes; turn cookies over and bake 5 to 10 minutes longer until lightly browned and crisp on both sides.
- Cool cookies and store in airtight container.
Makes 24 cookies.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Popcorn Board.