Chunky Chocolate Toffee Cookies
Chewy, buttery cookies loaded with chunks of milk chocolate and chocolate-covered toffee.
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
3 (1.4-ounce) English toffee candy bars (1 cup), coarsely chopped
2 (7-ounce) milk chocolate bars (3 cups), coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F (190°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar and sugar at medium speed until light and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla; continue beating for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt until ingredients are combined and just mixed, do not over mix.
- Stir in the pecans, toffee bits and chocolate.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls 2-inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cookies stand 1 minute and then transfer to cookie racks to cool completely.
Makes 4 1/2 dozen cookies.