Cinnamon Graham Cookies
Crushed cinnamon graham crackers are used both inside and out to make these irresistible oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup old-fashioned (rolled) oats
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 cups crushed cinnamon graham crackers - divided use
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and brown sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until smooth. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture and stir until combined. Stir in oats, chocolate chips, pecans, and 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into remaining graham cracker crumbs and coat well. Place on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Transfer and cool cookies on wire rack. Store in an airtight container.
Makes 5 dozen cookies.