Cinnamon-Sugared Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies
Your family will love these cinnamon and sugar-coated oatmeal raisin cookies.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup granulated sugar - divided use
3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
1 1/2 cups raisins
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flours, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer at medium speed, cream together butter, 3/4 cup sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy; add eggs and vanilla and blend well. Stir in flour mixture until just blended. Fold in oats and raisins until blended.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon in a small bowl; set aside
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in sugar/cinnamon mixture. Place 2-inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes 7 dozen cookies.