The moist and chewy almond and coconut filling makes these mini sweet treats extra special.
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened*
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg, separated
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 cup flaked coconut
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon alomond extract
1/4 cup sliced almonds
- For Crust: Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Spray mini muffin cups lightly with no stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine butter and sugar in small bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add egg yolk and almond extract; beat until well mixed. Stir in 1 1/4 cups flour and salt by hand just until dough forms a ball.
- Divide dough into 24 (1-inch) balls. Place 1 ball into each prepared muffin cup; press dough into bottom and up sides. Set aside.
- For Filling: Combine egg white, brown sugar and egg in small bowl. Beat at high speed until fluffy (2 to 3 minutes). Stir in coconut, 1 tablespoon flour and almond extract by hand.
- Spoon filling into each crust; sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned.
- Cool in pans 5 minutes. Carefully remove tartlets from pan. Cool completely on cooling rack.
Makes 24 mini tartlets.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/24 of recipe): Calories: 130 Fat: 6 g Cholesterol: 30 mg Sodium: 80 mg Carbohydrates: 18 g Dietary Fiber: 0 g Protein: 2 g.