Coconut Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies
These are old-time cookie jar favorites—the kind kids will grab, along with an apple, as they head out the door for an 'expedition' to find the source of the nearby creek.
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup quick-cooking oats
3/4 cup sweetened flake coconut
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup wheat germ
1 1/2 cups raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease two baking sheets; set aside.
- Cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar; beat in egg until smooth; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, oatmeal, coconut, baking powder, baking soda and wheat germ. Gradually stir into butter mixture, add raisins; stir until well combined.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets; flattening slightly with a floured fork. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden.
- Cool slightly before removing to wire rack.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.