Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
Full of textural personality, oats and coconut make these cookies a hit. Crisp on the edges, chewy in the middle, add these cookies to your keeper list.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup quick-cooking oats
2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a mixing bowl; set aside.
- Combine eggs and vanilla in a separate, smaller bowl; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar and sugar; add egg mixture, half at a time, beating until smooth after each addition. (Be sure to scrape sides of bowl often to incorporate any flour that splashes up on the sides.) Stir in flour mixture. Carefully stir in oats and coconut until well combined.
- Measure out by tablespoonfuls, forming into balls. Place 2-inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets; do not flatten balls (they will spread as they bake).
- Bake 9 to 12 minutes; transfer carefully to wire rack to cool.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.