Coconut Orange Macaroons
Moist and chewy coconut macaroons with a kiss of orange flavoring.
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (14-ounce) can NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk*
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
1 large egg yolk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons grated orange peel
1 tablespoon orange juice
5 cups sweetened coconut flakes - divided use
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl.
- Beat sweetened condensed milk and cream cheese in medium mixer bowl until creamy. Add egg yolk, vanilla extract, grated orange peel and orange juice; beat well. Add flour mixture; beat until well combined. Stir in 4 cups coconut. Cover; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls; roll balls in remaining 1 cup coconut. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes 2 1/2 dozen macaroon cookies.
*Regular or Fat-Free.
Recipe is the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.