Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
Wholesome double-the-pleasure, whole wheat oatmeal cookies loaded with both chopped fresh cranberries and chewy dried cranberries.
1 2/3 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 tablespoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter
2/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 cup old-fashioned (rolled) oats
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
2 cups coarsely chopped fresh cranberries
1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In small bowl combine wheat flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In medium bowl with electric mixer cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, mixing well.
- Stir flour mixture into butter mixture until just mixed. Stir in the oats. Fold in nuts and cranberries and craisins.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto non-stick baking sheet, 2-inch apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool. Store in sealed container.
Makes 2 dozen cookies.