Cranberry Almond Biscotti
Twice baked dried cranberry and almond biscotti are the perfect 'dunkers' for your favorite hot beverage.
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 large eggs
2 large egg whites
1 tablespoon almond or vanilla extract
1 (6-ounce) package Ocean Spray® Craisins® Sweetened Dried Cranberries, any flavor
3/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 325ºF (160ºC).
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk together eggs, egg whites and almond or vanilla extract in a separate mixing bowl. Add to dry ingredients, mixing just until moist, using an electric mixer on medium speed. Add sweetened dried cranberries and almonds; mix thoroughly.
- On a floured surface, divide batter in half and pat each half into a log approximately 14-inches long and 1 1/2-inches wide. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300ºF (150ºC).
- Cut biscotti into 1/2-inch slices. Stand upright on cookie sheet and bake for an additional 20 minutes. Let cool and store in a loosely covered container.
Makes 2 1/2 dozen biscotti.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.