Crispy Pecan Sticks
Holiday festive, crisp pecan cookie sticks coated in powdered sugar.
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped pecans
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon ice water
Powdered sugar for rolling
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add powdered sugar, beating well.
- Combine flour and salt; add to butter mixture, beating at low speed until blended. Stir in pecans, vanilla, and 1 tablespoon ice water.
- Shape dough into 4-inch sticks. Place sticks on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 12 to 15 minutes or until browned. Transfer to wire racks and cool completely.
- Roll in powdered sugar; repeat. Store in airtight container.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.