Different Chocolate Chip Cookies
The difference with these chocolate chip cookies is that they are made with wholesome ingredients like whole wheat flour, sesame seeds and sunflower kernels.
1 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup sunflower kernels
1/2 cup sesame seed
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a medium mixing bowl cream together butter and brown sugar; beating until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Set aside.
- In another bowl sift together flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Fold into creamed mixture, beating until mixed. Stir in semi-sweet chocolate chips, sunflower kernels and sesame seeds.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool slightly on the cookie sheets. Transfer cookies to wire racks.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.