Different Oatmeal Cookies
Simple, egg-free oatmeal cookies.
1 cup butter or margarine
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups quick-cooking oats
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl beat together butter and sugar until creamy.
- Sift together flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture; beating until blended. Fold in oats, then vanilla; stir until completely mixed.
- Form into 1-inch balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Press with a fork to slightly flatten.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.