Double Chocolate Cookies
Coffee is the secret flavor enhancer in these doubly good chocolate cookies.
3/4 cup bittersweet chocolate, chopped
2 packets Starbucks VIA (R)
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Melt chocolate in a double-boiler over barely simmering water. Stir in the coffee.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add the melted chocolate to the butter mixture and stir well. Add vanilla and egg to the chocolate mixture. Stir in the dry ingredients. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide dough into 36 balls and place on a cookie sheet, but don't flatten.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325°F (160°C) for about eight minutes. Let cookies cool on the baking sheet for five minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.
Recipe provided courtesy of Starbucks.com/VIA; through ARA Content.