Double Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies
These chocolaty marvels are studded with luscious mint chocolate chips.
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
4 large eggs
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (12-ounce) bag mint chocolate chips
- In a glass bowl over simmering water (or in the microwave) melt the unsweetened chocolate and butter together until smooth.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix eggs and sugar with an electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy. Pour in the chocolate mixture and beat to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the flour mixture to the chocolate butter and sugar mixture and mix on low until blended. Add the chips and mix to combine. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart onto prepared sheets.
- Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool completely on sheet, then peel off parchment paper and store in an airtight container.
Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.