Doubletree Hotel's Cookies
Doubletree began giving out chocolate chip cookies to their guests in the early 1980s.
3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup old-fashioned (rolled) oats
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups butter
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
4 large eggs
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon juice
3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter in large bowl. Add both sugars and beat on medium for 2 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add lemon juice and vanilla; mix well. Stir in flour mixture, mixing well. Add chocolate chips and nuts and stir to just combine.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls on non-stick baking pans, 2 to 3-inches apart.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Cool; transfer to wire racks and cool completely. Store in tightly sealed container.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.