Dried Apricot Pistacho Biscotti
Not your typical biscotti, the flavors and texture are sure to please. Serve at breakfast or as a light dessert with coffee to compliment the perfect dinner.
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold, cut into pieces
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2/3 cup California dried apricot halves, chopped
1 cup natural California pistachios
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly butter large baking sheet.
- In food processor, combine first five ingredients. Pulse to blend. Add butter and vanilla; pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add eggs and pulse 3 times to blend. Add apricots and pistachios; pulse until mixture is evenly moistened. Transfer mixture to large bowl; use hands to form into dough.
- Divide dough in half. On lightly greased baking sheet, shape dough into two 12-inch logs. With hands, flatten each log to a width of 2 inches. Sprinkle each with remaining sugar.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove logs to cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- With serrated knife, carefully cut logs on the diagonal into 1-inch slices. Place on baking sheet cut side up; return to oven and bake 7 minutes, or until very lightly browned. Transfer to rack; cool completely.
Makes 2 dozen biscotti.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the California Pistachio Board.