Easy Shortcut Jam Thumbprints
Thumbprints are made easy by starting with refrigerated cookie dough. A slight thumbprint is placed in the middle of the unbaked cookie to be filled with your favorite flavor of jam. It's the perfect shortcut recipe for the beloved holiday cookie.
1 1/3 cups (about 1/3 tub) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Tub Dough, slightly softened
1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons raspberry, strawberry or apricot jam
- Preheat oven to 325ºF (160ºC).
- Combine cookie dough and flour in medium mixing bowl. Roll dough into 18, 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Press thumb into tops to make deep depression. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Fill each depression with 1/4 teaspoon jam.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes 1 1/2 dozen cookies.
- Dough can be made in advance, shaped into cookies and refrigerated until ready for baking.
- Jam Thumbprint can be topped with a fresh raspberry for an extra decorative finish.
- Create three types of Christmas cookies from just one tub of NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Tub Dough. Make this recipe along with two other 12 Days of Christmas Cookies recipes.
- Recipe can easily be doubled or tripled for a larger batch.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/18 of recipe): Calories: 100 Calories from Fat: 35 Total Fat: 3.5 g Saturated Fat: 1.5 g Cholesterol: 5 mg Sodium: 65 mg Carbohydrates: 16 g Dietary Fiber: 0 g Sugars: 8 g Protein: 1 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.