Edible Cookie Bowl
If anything, this edible cookie bowl will certainly be a conversation piece.
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1/4 cup blanched, slivered almonds, finely ground
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup margarine (do not use butter)
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cover the outside of a 9-inch oven-proof bowl or a loaf pan with foil. Spray with vegetable cooking spray. Place bowl on a foil-lined baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, almonds, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the margarine, sugar, egg and vanilla on medium speed until light and fluffy. Slowly beat in flour mixture until just mixed. Chill dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Roll dough out to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Using a round 1 1/2-inch cookie cutter with scalloped edges, cut the dough and cover the prepared bowl with the cutouts, overlapping them slightly. Once assembled, press gently on the overlapped cookies.
- Bake the cookie bowl until edges are firm, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer bowl to a wire rack and cool completely.
- To remove the cookie bowl, carefully lift it off the foil-lined bowl or loaf pan. Remove foil.
- Fill as desired.
Makes 1 cookie bowl.