Egg-Ceptional Easter Cookies
These egg-shaped chocolate chip cookies are festively decorated with colored frosting for a sweet Easter treat.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 (12-ounce) package NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels -divided use
1 container or more prepared vanilla frosting
2 or more food coloring choices
2 or more colored sugar choices
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Beat sugar, butter and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Beat in egg. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in 1 cup morsels. Press enough dough into greased and floured tablespoon to make slightly rounded. Invert onto ungreased baking sheets. Continue with remaining dough.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or just until golden around edges. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- To Color Frosting: Stir food coloring into small amounts of frosting until desired color. For deep colored frosting, use paste colors available in cake decorating shops.
- To Pipe Frosting: Use pastry bag fitted with small, plain or fluted tip, heavy-duty plastic bag with tiny corner snipped off or plastic squeeze bottle with small tip.
- To Decorate Cookies: Frost tops with white or colored frosting. Decorate as desired with remaining morsels, piped frosting and colored sugars.
Makes 2 dozen cookies.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.