Festive, muffin-sized glazed fruitcake cookies loaded with chopped dates, candied pineapple and cherries.
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups dates, pitted and chopped
1 cup candied pineapple, diced
1 cup candied red cherries
1/4 cup light corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease 2 regular-sized muffin pans; set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, on medium speed, beat butter, brown sugar, baking soda, and cinnamon until blended. Add egg and vanilla, beat until fluffy. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, chopped, pitted dates, diced candied pineapple, and halved candied red cherries. Stir the fruit mixture into the creamed mixture until blended.
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin pans.
- Bake in oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until just set. Remove pans from oven to a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over low heat, heat light corn syrup. Brush syrup on top of each cookie. Cool.
Makes 2 dozen cookies.