Fudge Bonbon Cookies
Simply adorable fudge bonbon cookies! A milk chocolate candy kiss is baked inside a shell of chocolate cookie dough and drizzled with white chocolate icing.
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup finely chopped nuts (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
60 milk chocolate candy kisses, unwrapped
2 ounces white chocolate or white candy coating, coarsely chopped
1 teaspoon vegetable shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In medium saucepan, combine chocolate chips and butter; cook and stir over very low heat until chips are melted and smooth. Add sweetened condensed milk; mix well.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, nuts, the chocolate mixture and vanilla; mix well.
- Shape 1 tablespoon dough around each candy kiss, covering completely. Place 1-inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes. Do not over bake. Cookies will be soft and appear shiny but will become firm as they cool. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
- In small saucepan, combine white chocolate and shortening; cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Store in tightly covered container.
Makes 5 dozen cookies.