Great Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
Simple pecan cookies embellished with chocolate, oatmeal and cornflakes for a hearty and chewy nut treat. These are great with coffee when you don't want something too sweet.
1 cup butter
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups quck or old fashioned oats
1 cup cornflakes
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup whole pecans
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Spray cookie sheets with vegetable cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat butter until melted. Set aside to cool, about 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, oatmeal, cornflakes, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine cooled butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla; mix until smooth. Combine with dry ingredients and mix well. Add pecans and chocolate chips; blend well.
- Place tablespoon-size, round mounds of dough on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. (The cookies will appear moist, but they are done and will be very chewy.)
Makes 3 dozen cookies.