Holly Wreath Cookies
Young and old will have fun making and eating these cute whimsical cookies shaped and decorated to look like holiday Christmas wreaths.
1/3 cup margarine or butter
1 (10-ounce) package, or about 40 regular marshmallows
1 teaspoon green food coloring
6 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes®
Red cinnamon candies
Prepared vanilla frosting
- Melt margrine in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in food coloring.
- Add Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal. Stir until well coated
- Portion warm cereal mixture evenly by using a 1/4 cup dry measure coated with cooking spray. Using sprayed fingers, quickly shape into individual wreaths. Dot with cinnamon candies, using prepared frosting to hold candies in place. Store in single layer in airtight container.
Makes 1 1/2 dozen cookies.
*Or 4 cups miniature marshmallows.
**Or 6 cups Ready-To-Eat Cereal Kellogg's Frosted Flakes®.
- Use fresh marshmallows for best results.
- Children should be supervised.
- Green paste food coloring makes the best color for wreaths
Microwave Directions: Microwave margarine and marshmallows at HIGH 2 minutes in microwave-safe bowl. Stir to combine. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute longer. Stir until smooth, then add food coloring. Follow steps 2 and 3 above.
To Make One Large Wreath: Press warm cereal mixture in 5 1/2-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray or shape in ring on serving plate. Remove from mold and dot with red candies. Slice to serve.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the Kellogg Company, Copyright © 2007. All rights reserved.