Iced Tea Cookies
These cookies are flavored with instant tea and vanilla, baked and then topped off with a simple vanilla-scented glaze.
1 1/4 cups butter or margarine, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
6 tablespoons NESTEA® Unsweetened Instant 100% Tea
1 large egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
Glaze (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°).
- Beat butter and sugar in large mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in Nestea, egg yolk and vanilla extract. Gradually stir in flour.
- Drop by heaping teaspoon 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly golden around edges and centers are set.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 to 4 minutes; remove to wire racks. Brush with glaze; cool completely.
- For Glaze: Combine 1 cup sifted powdered sugar, 5 teaspoons hot water and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract in small bowl; stir until smooth.
Makes 2 dozen cookies.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.