Joy's Oatmeal Cinnamon Drop Cookies
Joy's cinnamon-scented molasses oatmeal cookies are studded throughout with nuts, raisins and chocolate chips.
2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon dark molasses
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups quick-cooking oats
1 cup chopped nuts
2/3 cup raisins
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Beat brown sugar, butter and eggs in a medium bowl until light and smooth. Beat in molasses and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a small bowl; stir into creamed mixture. Stir in oats, nuts, raisins and chocolate chips.
- Drop by the tablespoon, 2 inches apart onto baking sheets.
- Bake 9 to 10 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- Cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.