Delicious, melt-in-your-mouth butter nut cookies drizzled with a sweet-tart lemon icing.
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts for rolling
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons butter or margarine, melted
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- For Cookies: In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer at medium speed, cream the 1 cup butter and 1/3 cup powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Add flour and cornstarch and blend well. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C)
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in chopped pecans and place about 2-inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten cookies with bottom of a glass dipped in flour.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
- For Lemon Icing: Combine 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons butter, and lemon juice in a small bowl, stirring until smooth. Drizzle glaze over cookies.
Makes 2 dozen cookies.