Lemon Oat Lacies
Delicate, buttery and tender, lemon-scented oat cookies.
2 cups (4 sticks) margarine or butter, slightly softened*
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups Quaker® Oats, Quick or Old Fashioned*
2 cups all-purpose flour
- In large bowl, beat margarine and sugar with electric mixer until creamy. Add remaining ingredients except powdered sugar; mix well. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten with bottom of glass dipped in powdered sugar.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet remove to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
Makes 4 1/2 dozen cookies.
*For the best flavor and most delicate cookie we recommend using butter and Quick Quaker® Oats.
Recipe provided courtesy of The Quaker Oat Company.