Lemon Yogurt Cookies
Chewy, lemony, yummy yogurt cookies topped with a light dusting of powdered sugar.
1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine, softened
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt or lemon low-fat yogurt
2 large egg whites or 1 large egg
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups QUAKER® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Lightly spray cookie sheet with no-stick cooking spray or oil lightly.
- Beat margarine and 1-1/4 cups sugar until fluffy. Add yogurt, egg whites, lemon peel and vanilla; mix until well blended. Gradually add combined remaining ingredients except powdered sugar; mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- With lightly floured hands, shape dough into 1-inch balls; place on prepared cookie sheet. Using bottom of glass dipped in sugar, press into 1/8-inch thick circles.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack.
- Sift powdered sugar over warm cookies. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.
Makes 3 1/2 dozen or 42 cookies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/42 of recipe): Calories 100, Calories from Fat 30, Total Fat 3.5g, Saturated Fat 0.5g, Cholesterol 0g, Sodium 95mg, Total Carbohydrates 17g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Protein 2g, Total Sugars 9g.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of The Quaker Oat Company.