Tastes like the classic chocolate chip cookie—only made with colorful candy-coated chocolates instead of the traditional semisweet chocolate chips.
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup vegetable shortening
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups M&MS® Plain or Peanut Candies
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In medium bowl combine flour, soda and salt, mixing well; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugars together with electric mixer; add eggs and vanilla and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Stir in flour mixture and candies until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets, about 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges just begin to turn golden brown. Do not over-bake! Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.
M&MS® is a registered trademark of Mars, Incorporated.