Marshmallow Sandwich Cookies
Classic chocolate chip cookies are given a new twist with the addition of gooey marshmallow sandwiched between. The kids are going to love this special treat!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup vegetable shortening
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (6-ounce) NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1/2 cup chopped nuts
12 large marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, shortening, and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, beating until well blended. Stir in flour mixture until just mixed. Fold in morsels and walnuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2-inches apart onto baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn baking sheet around after 6 minutes to ensure even browning. Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
- Place marshmallow on bottom side of one cookie. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) power for 10 to 20 seconds or until marshmallow expands. Top with second cookie. Cool for 1 to 2 minutes. Repeat with remaining cookies and marshmallows.
- Store in tightly covered container at room temperature.
Makes 12 sandwich cookies.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.