Milk Chocolate Chippers
Watch for the smiles to appear when you fill the cookie jar up with these chewy oatmeal cookies loaded with creamy milk chocolate chips and walnuts.
2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter,softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped walnuts
2 cups (12 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F (175°C).
- Finely grind oats in processor. Add flour, baking soda and salt and blend 5 seconds. Set aside.
- Beat butter and both sugars in large bowl until well blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla, beating until light in color and fluffy. Stir in dry ingredients until just mixed; mix in walnuts and chocolate chips.
- For each cookie, form heaping tablespoon of dough into ball and place on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly.
- Bake until edges are golden brown, about 12 minutes.
- Cool on sheets 5 minutes. Transfer to racks; cool completely.
Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies.