Mini Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
Fluffy cream cheese filling sandwiched between two moist pumpkin cookies make these miniature whoopie pies the perfect hand-held snack you just won't be able to resist!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature, lightly beaten
1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Filling:
4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
6 tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- For Cookies: Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease or line four baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt in medium bowl. Beat butter and sugar in large mixer bowl on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add pumpkin and vanilla extract; beat until smooth. Stir in flour mixture until combined. Drop by heaping measuring teaspoons onto prepared baking sheets. (A total of 72 cookies are needed for the recipe.)
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes or until springy to the touch. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For Cream Cheese Filling: Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl on medium speed until fluffy. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- Spread a heaping teaspoon of filling onto flat side of one cookie; top with flat side of second cookie to make a sandwich. Repeat with remaining cookies and filling. Store in covered container in refrigerator.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/36 of recipe): Calories 130; Calories from Fat. 50; Total Fat 6g ; Saturated Fat 3.5g; Cholesterol 25mg ; Sodium 130mg; Carbohydrates18g; Dietary Fiber 0g; Sugars 12g; Protein 1g.
Recipe is the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.