Mocha Nut Butter Balls
Nutty, mocha-flavored butter cookies generously coated in powdered sugar.
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
2 teaspoons powdered instant coffee
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups pecans, finely chopped
Powdered sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Combine flour, cocoa, instant coffee and salt together in a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Stir in flour mixture; add pecans and mix well.
- Shape into 1-inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 17 to 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Roll in powdered sugar while warm and cool on wire racks. Once cooled, repeat rolling in powdered sugar. Store in tightly covered container.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.