Oatmeal Cherry Toffee Cookies
Simply scrumptious oatmeal cookies loaded with dried cherries, chunks of bittersweet chocolate and toffee pieces.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 cup dried cherries
1 cup coarsely chopped bittersweet chocolate (4 1/2 ounces)
1 cup toffee pieces (5 1/2 ounces)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl one or twice during mixing. Add egg and vanilla; mixing well. Stir in flour mixture until just combined. Stir in oats, cherries, chocolate and toffee pieces until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Divide the dough into three equal portions and roll into logs using
plastic wrap, approximately 1 1/2-inch in diameter. Chill for several hours or overnight. (Dough can be frozen and baked at a later date.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Cut logs into 3/4-inch thick slices. Bake on parchment-lined baking sheets about 2 inches apart until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
Makes 3 1/2 dozen cookies.