Old-fashioned cinnamon-scented oatmeal cookies.
1 3/4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper or lightly grease.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together oats, flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat until mixed well. Stir in oat/flour mixture until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets and flatten mounds slightly with the bottom of a glass that has been dipped in sugar.
- Bake cookies in upper level of oven, switching position of sheets halfway through baking to ensure even browning, for about 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool.
Makes 2 dozen cookies.