Oatmeal Sunshine Cookies
Zesty, citrus-scented oatmeal raisin cookies.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tablespoon grated orange or lime peel
2 tablespoons orange or lime juice
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup cup raisins
1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). In small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat well. Stir in flour mixture just until combined; add peel, juice, oats, raisins and chopped nuts, and stir just until mixed.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let cool slightly on baking sheets; remove cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.