Oatmeal Abuelita Cookies
These chocolate flavored oatmeal cookies, with a cinnamon and vanilla glaze, are rich in flavor and make an attractive treat for any occasion.
1 3/4 cups NESTLÉ ABUELITA Granulated Chocolate Drink Mix
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
1 large egg
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup quick oats
Cinnamon Vanilla Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
4 teaspoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- For Cookies: Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Beat Abuelita chocolate and butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg; gradually beat in flour. Stir in oats.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Lightly flatten balls into circles.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Drizzle or spread with Cinnamon Vanilla Glaze.
- For Cinnamon Vanilla Glaze: Combine sugar, milk, vanilla and cinnamon in small bowl; mix well.
Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.