Oatmeal Chipper Skillet Cookie
Looking for an easy dessert that will please your whole family? Serve them wedges of this 'baked in a skillet' cookie topped with a scoop of ice cream drizzled with ready-to-serve caramel topping.
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugars with electric mixer until creamy. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda and salt; mix well. Stir in oats and chocolate chips; mix well.
- Press dough evenly into bottom of 10-inch nonstick oven proof skillet.
- Bake 20 minutes or until top is lightly browned. (Do not over-bake as cookie will continue to bake after it is removed from oven.)
- Cool about 10 minutes. Cut into 8 wedges.
- Serve with ice cream and, if desired, caramel topping.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph are provided courtesy of The Quakers Oats Company.