Oatmeal Raisin Spice Cookies
Chewy oatmeal raisin cookies get a lift from a trio of warm, comforting spices—cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
2 tablespoons water
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
3 cups quick-cooking oats
1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl cream butter, shortening, brown sugar, sugar, eggs, corn syrup, water and vanilla; beat well.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and ginger; add to sugar mixture. Beat well, then stir in oatmeal and raisins.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes or until edges start to brown. Cool slightly on the baking sheet before transferring to wire racks.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.