One Big Cookie
Enjoy some family time with the kids making this big, memorable cookie. They'll have fun creating an edible masterpiece. A terrific treat for any occasion.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup vegetable shortening
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (6-ounce) NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1 can ready to use frosting, any flavor
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Grease baking sheet or pizza pan.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, shortening, and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, beating until well blended. Stir in flour mixture until just mixed. Fold in morsels and walnuts.
- Press cookie dough onto prepared baking sheet or pizza pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Decorate with candies and icing as desired.
Makes 1 big cookie or 12 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.