Orange Drop Cookies
These little bites of sunshine are flavored with orange and sour cream for an elegant, iced cookie perfect for any occasion.
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour - divided use
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
1/3 cup orange juice
1 large egg
1 tablespoon finely grated orange peel
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups sifted powdered sugar
1/4 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon finely grated orange peel
- For Cookies: Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Lightly grease a baking sheet; set aside.
- Cookies: In a large mixing bowl, cream butter until fluffy; stir in half of flour. Mix thoroughly. Stir in sugar, sour cream, orange juice, egg, orange peel, baking powder and salt; mix well. Stir in remaining half of flour to combine.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- For Icing: Mix powdered sugar, orange juice, butter and orange peel in a medium mixing bowl. Beat until smooth. Spread evenly on cookies.
Makes 5 dozen cookies.