Our Growers Favorite Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Recipe courtesy of California Raisin Marketing Board.
2 cups butter, softened
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 cups rolled (old-fashioned) oats
2 cups California raisins
2 cups pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugars and vanilla extract together until light and fluffy and sugar is completely dissolved. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well with each addition.
- Combine flour, baking soda and cinnamon; mix well and gradually stir into creamed mixture. Fold in oats, raisins and pecans.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in preheated oven at 350°F (175°C).
- Remove cookies to a wire rack and cool completely.
Makes 40 cookies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/40 of recipe): Calories: 260; Total Fat: 14g; Saturated Fat: 6g; Cholesterol: 35mg; Total Carbs: 34g; Fiber: 2g; Sugar: 21g; Protein: 3g; Sodium: 160mg; Potassium: 140mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of California Raisin Marketing Board.